Local government education
School classes are invited to enhance their study of Civics and Citizenship and learn more about their local government and community.
Watch the Civics presentation or contact the School Liaison Officer to arrange a tour, and learn:
- How local government works
- About the services it provides to the community
- Taking part in a mock election
- The difference between local laws and state laws
- About elected members and council officers and their roles in the community
- About their families’ role in determining the type of community in which they wish to live.
Local History tour
A tour of Joondalup Library, featuring the Local History collection, is available. This provides a practical example of a local government service.
The public artwork surrounding the Civic Centre and its relationship to Joondalup is also available to be discovered.
Transport can be provided. For further information contact the School Liaison Officer.
Worksheets are available for use.
Keep up to date on what the City has available for schools and subscribe to the School Connections eNewsletter.