Local planning strategy
The Local Planning Strategy enables the Council and the community to determine the vision and strategic planning direction for the City of Joondalup for the next 10 to 15 years.
Preparation of the Local Planning Strategy has included assessment of all relevant State, regional and Council plans, policies and strategies. Community input into the Strategy has been achieved through surveys on key planning issues.
The Local Planning Strategy is arranged in two main parts:
Part One – Local Planning Strategy, which comprises:
- The vision and objectives of the Local Planning Strategy.
- Strategies and actions which will deliver the desired outcomes for the major planning theme areas.
- Implementation and review
Part Two – Background information and analysis, which comprises:
- An introduction that provides the background to the development of the Local Planning Strategy
- The State and regional planning context
- The local planning context
- Local profile and key issues, which have been identified through an analysis of the local environment and the major influences on planning for the future
The strategy was endorsed by the Western Australian Planning Commission in November 2017.