Luminight Event Information
COVID-19 Event Information
The City has implemented a range of measures to ensure Luminight is a COVID safe event:
- Limited event capacity to allow for adequate physical distancing to be maintained.
- Event site will be fenced and ticketed to further support physical distancing and contact tracing as required.
- SafeWA app QR code will be available on entry and patrons are required to check-in to the event or complete the manual register.
- COVID Safety Marshals monitoring the event to ensure COVID Safety standards are maintained.
- Increased cleaning of communal services.
- Food vendors offering contactless pay and quick serve options.
- Hand sanitiser is available in various locations throughout the event site.
- There will be no pass outs for the event.
Being COVID safe is a shared responsibility, ways you can help include the following:
- Download the SafeWA app prior to arriving at the venue for a quick and easy scan in on entry to the venue. The SafeWA app can be downloaded through the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. If you don’t have a mobile phone, you will be able to register your details manually before entering the event.
- Practice physical distancing when moving through the event site and queuing for facilities.
- Listen out for COVID safe information at the event and follow the directions of signage and event staff.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Practice good personal hygiene by washing your hands when using facilities and the hand sanitiser provided throughout the site.
- If you are feeling unwell it is important that you do not attend the event.
The City will continue to monitor all relevant directions relating to COVID-19 and will follow the appropriate State Government advice.
Accessible Event Information
Accessible event toilets will be provided where all temporary toilet buildings are located on the event site. All temporary toilet locations will be clearly signposted at the event.
The event site has an accessible path network with most of the site accessible via existing pathways. Please note there are some uneven grassed areas to consider on the event site.
Assistance dogs are welcome. Please ensure dogs are on a lead at all times and that dog waste is cleaned up and disposed of appropriately.
Transport and Parking
Joondalup City Centre and the event site are located approximately 400 meters away from the Joondalup Train and Bus Station. The Joondalup line runs South to Perth and North to Butler/Clarkson.
There are lifts and step free access from the station. Alternatively, Joondalup City Centre is also serviced by a variety of other bus and CAT routes. To plan your journey visit Transperth Journey Planner. For information on Joondalup CAT (Central Area Transit) bus, local bus routes and taxis please see the City of Joondalup’s website.
Event parking will be available in the Central Walk car park and City of Joondalup administration car park accessible from Boas Avenue.
Existing accessible parking will be available in the Central Walk car park and City of Joondalup administration car park located on Boas Avenue.
Car Park Closures
The slip lane parking adjacent to Central Park will be closed from Sunday 21 March at 9.00pm until Tuesday 30 March 2021.
The Central Park car park 8 car park will be closed from Sunday 21 March at 9.00pm until Tuesday 30 March 2021.
A reduced speed will be implemented on Grand Boulevard for the duration of the event each day however no road closures will be required for this event.
A range of delicious food and beverage options will be available for purchase. a list of the participating vendors will be available on the City’s website closer to the event date.
If you find or are looking for a lost child, please head to the Constable Care Marquee.
Luminight shall proceed “rain or shine” unless conditions become dangerous. Should the event be cancelled, rescheduling is not guaranteed. If the event is cancelled this will be communicated via the City’s website and social media platforms.