Newspapers at the library
Copies of The West Australian, The Sunday Times and The Australian, are purchased daily for the public to read at Duncraig, Woodvale and Whitford libraries and Joondalup Library purchases The West Australian. Newspapers are kept for a limited time only.
The Reference area of the Joondalup Library purchases a range of local, Western Australian, national and international newspapers. All newspapers are held for two months. Community newspapers are transferred to microfilm and searchable PDF and are available in-library only.
Copies of Perth Now are available from the Libraries until stock runs out.
- Perth Now
- The West Australian
- The Sunday Times
- The Australian
- Australian Financial Review
- The Guardian Weekly
- International Express (UK)
Copies of The West Australian dating back to 2004 and The Sunday Times from January 2017, can be searched and read online by library members. Issues are available from the day after publication.
The text content only of a number of Australian newspapers can be accessed through the Libraries’ subscription to the Informit databases. This access includes the text content of the older issues of The Australian and Financial Review.
To access the online subscriptions:
- Log into the Library catalogue.
- Select Online Resources.
- Log in to your library account.
- To access The West Australian and The Sunday Times scroll through the list of resources or select Newspapers and Magazines from the Subject Category listing.
- To access the Informit databases scroll through the list of resources or select Databases from the Subject Category listing.
- Follow log in directions for your selected resource.
All online resources are available to City of Joondalup Libraries’ members. Not a member? Join as an online member and gain immediate access to online resources.