Newspapers at the library
Duncraig, Woodvale and Whitford libraries purchase copies of The West Australian, The Sunday Times and The Australian, which are kept for a limited time only.
Copies of the Joondalup Times are available from the Libraries until stock runs out.
The Reference area in the Joondalup Library subscribes to a range of local, Western Australian, Australian and international newspapers. All newspapers are held for two months, other than the Joondalup Times which is retained permanently with older issues transferred to microfilm.
- Joondalup Times
- The West Australian
- The Sunday Times
- The Australian
- Financial Review
- The Guardian Weekly
- International Express (UK)
Copies of The West Australian dating back to 2004 and The Sunday Times from January 2017, can be searched and read online by library members. Issues are available from the day after publication.
The text content only of a number of Australian newspapers can be accessed through the Libraries’ subscription to the Informit databases. This access includes the text content of the older issues of The Australian and Financial Review.
Coming soon – Pressreader database gives access to over 6000 newspapers from over 60 countries.
To access the online subscriptions:
- Log into the Library catalogue
- Select Online Resources
- To access The West Australian and The Sunday Times scroll through the list of resources or select Newspapers and Magazines from the Subject Category listing
- To access the Informit databases scroll through the list of resources or select Databases from the Subject Category listing
- Follow log in directions for your selected resource.
All online resources are available to City of Joondalup Libraries’ members. Not a member? Join as an online member and gain immediate access to online resources.