Noisy parties

City Rangers can be the first point of contact for after-hours noise issues. City Rangers will conduct patrols nearby premises where noise has been reported, assess the noise and will take the appropriate action.

This may involve:

  • Attending the property to advise of a noise complaint (only if safe for the officer to do so)
  • Referring the activity to Police for attendance
  • Referring information to the relevant agencies within the City for follow up during business hours

Ongoing party noise can be referred to the City’s Health and Environmental Services during business hours.

City Rangers do not have the power to close a party down or order the noise to cease only Police have the authority to do this.

If the noise continues or the party is becoming out of control residents are encouraged to call Police on 131 444.