Revision – Keeping of bees
The City’s Animals Local Law 1999 require any person wishing to keep bees, to first obtain written approval from the City. Bees can pose a significant risk to people who are allergic and the assessment of an application includes consultation with immediate neighbours.
In addition, owners of beehives are also required to register with the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development.
- A written or online application
- Site plan indicating the location of the bee hives, sources of water and barriers that affect flight paths
- Hive specifications
- Application fee, in accordance with the Environmental Health Schedule of Fees and Charges.
Lodging an application
Or provide a written application and submit it:
- In person – by visiting the Joondalup Customer Service Centre, 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup
- By post – PO Box 21, JOONDALUP WA 6919