Community transport program
The Community Transport Program can help people who have difficulty using public transport by offering a door-to-door service to travel to selected shopping centres, senior’s clubs and libraries.
Lakeside Joondalup Shopping City, Whitford City, Warwick Grove and Greenwood Village shopping centres.
Whitfords and Ocean Ridge
A free monthly service to Joondalup Library running every fourth Saturday for library members who would be eligible to access the Community Transport Program. The visit allows you plenty of time to browse, select and borrow your library items.
Residents who meet the below criteria can apply to join the Community Transport Program:
- Reside or are based in the City of Joondalup
- Are disadvantaged in their access to regular public transport
- Experience a lack of alternative transport options, for example due to frailty or disability
- Can independently get on and off the vehicle or use the wheelchair hoist provided
- Have the capacity to manage independently or with a personal carer once at the destination.
This service does not have an age restriction. If you are interested in this service, please contact the Community Transport Officer.
You will be advised during an interview with the Community Transport Officer which bus runs service your suburb, have seating availability and may be the most suitable for you.
A fee of $5.00 provides a door-to-door service to and from nominated shopping centres and seniors clubs.This fee is current as of 1 July 2018 and increases at the start of each financial year by a minimal amount, in accordance with Council endorsed fees and charges.
Carers and support workers are welcome on the bus and travel free of charge when they accompany a person in their direct care.