School crossings

Children and school crossings provide safer crossing locations for students and their parents during peak periods where traffic volumes are high.

During school terms, wardens manage the crossings before and after school.

School Principals can apply for a warden crossing from the WA Police Children’s Crossing Committee.

It is a requirement that schools meet with the City to discuss the installation of new or existing crossings prior to an application being submitted.  It should be noted that City funding is limited and is subject to the City’s budgeting process.

Traffic Wardens are employed by the WA Police and receive appropriate training.  Contact the WA Police if you are interested in being a Crossing Warden.