Sports development program
The Sports Development Program provides financial assistance to local community sport and recreation clubs for projects, programs and events that benefit the development of sport and recreation to residents of the City of Joondalup.
The program provides large grants ($10,001 – $20,000) offered annually in August and small grants ($10,000 and lower) offered twice a year in August and February. Further information about eligibility and how to apply for the program can be found below:
Sport and recreation clubs considering an application for the Sport Development Program should review the program guidelines before applying. All applications must be discussed with the City’s Sport and Recreation team prior to submission. The program guidelines and other associated documents are available to download at the bottom of this page.
Sport and recreation clubs are eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Incorporated (under Associations Incorporation Act 2015)
- Located within the City of Joondalup and/or servicing its residents
- Affiliated with a state sport association or industry body who are recognised by Sport and Recreation (WA)
- Represented with a club name that reflects the locale in which the club operates and in recognition of the level of funding and subsidies afforded to it by the City of Joondalup
Projects must meet at least one of each of the grant focus areas and funding objectives to be considered for funding.
Focus areas (must meet one)
- People development
- Organisational development
- Places and spaces
- High performance
Funding objectives (must meet one)
- Improve the knowledge, skills and or experience of club officials and volunteers
- Attract new, retain existing or reward volunteers
- Provide a safe environment for members, visitors, volunteers and the public
- Assist to develop the knowledge, skills or experience of athletes
- Assist with the establishment or long term sustainability of clubs