A number of swimming beaches are located within the City of Joondalup, with the most popular beaches patrolled regularly by lifeguards, from October to March.
The City’s most popular swimming beaches include:
- Mullaloo – one of Western Australia’s most visited beaches located next to the Mullaloo Surf Life Saving Club and the very popular Tom Simpson Park.
- Sorrento – with the recently installed beach enclosure, Sorrento Beach is great for families and swimmers. Located directly south of Hillarys Boat Harbour, it also has popular cafes and BBQ park areas that surround this highly visited beach.
- Hillarys Boat Harbour – based inside the protected waters of the harbour, this beach provides a safe swimming area for families with young children.
- Hillarys – is another popular, safe and accessible beach located north of the Hillarys Boat Harbour, with ample parking and picnic facilities.
Local Surf Clubs within the City of Joondalup include:
- Mullaloo Surf Life Saving Club
- Sorrento Surf Life Saving Club.
The City also manages Craigie Leisure Centre which is a great place for lap swimming and recreational swimming, with energy efficient water temperature control.
For further information on beach safety and patrol periods, contact Surf Life Saving Western Australia.