Community art exhibition
The Community Art Exhibtion is now on at Lakeside Joondalup Shopping City
The annual Community Art Exhibition is held in June each year at Lakeside Joondalup Shopping City. It is open to City of Joondalup residents and members of local visual arts associations. It offers a variety of non-acquisitive awards each year, such as the Overall Award for the Most Outstanding Artwork Award, media specific categories and a variety of themed awards with specific criteria.This years exhibition closes on 23 June at 5.00pm.
Congratulations to the CAE 2019 winners
Most Outstanding Artwork – $1,500 – Annette Peterson, Moving
- Painting – $1,000 – Joanna Webber, Still Life with Lemons
- Works on Paper – $1,000 – Susan Hoy, Quinns Beach Cottage #9
- 3-Dimensional Works – $1,000 – Lesley Le Grove, Autumn Repairs
- Multi-media – $1,000 – Dawn McIntryre, The Seed Shop
- Arts in focus Award – This Award supports artistic development with a solo exhibition at Joondalup Art Gallery and an additional $500.00 cash prize – Paul Innes, Northam Heights
- Celebrating Joondalup Award – $500.00. Artworks nominated for this Award will be judged by the extent to which their work relates to and represents the City of Joondalup – Colin Drummond, Dusk at Lake Joondalup
- Student Award – $250.00 voucher. Open to artists who are enrolled in a secondary school – Annika Korb, Blue Triangles
- Student Photography Award – $250.00 voucher. This is an online exhibition only. Open to artists who are enrolled in a secondary school – Amelia Hunt, Leaf Me Be
- Popular Choice Award – $500.00. This Award will be awarded to the artwork that receives the most public votes during the exhibition – announcement at the end of June 2019.
Artworks entered in the exhibition will be judged by an external panel of experienced visual art practitioners and arts industry professionals. All works are considered for the Most Outstanding Artwork Award. The judges consider all works within each media category and nominated prizes, and generally look for works that exemplify originality, creativity, exploration of the medium, skill level and impact of the subject matter. The Popular Choice Award is awarded to the artwork that receives the most votes, as voted by the public.
An Inside-Out Billboard Commission – $3,000 is offered by invitation.
2020 Call for Entries will open in March 2020.
2019 Youth Photographers