Little Feet Festival
2020 Little Feet Festival
The 2020 Little Feet Festival will take place on Sunday 25 October 2020, 12.00noon – 5.00pm at Edith Cowan University, Joondalup.
Children will be taken on a journey to outer space at the 2020 Little Feet Festival, exploring the wonders of the solar system and its planets through hands-on activities, engaging educational performances and creative play – get ready 3,2,1 Blast Off!
Stay tuned for program highlights on the City’s social media platforms. Parent’s flyer and activity books will be available on arrival.
Sensory Chill Zone
The Autism Association of Western Australia will return to the Little Feet Festival in 2020, providing children with a quiet space to take a break from the Festival. The sensory chill zone will include bean bags and sensory activities and will be open for the duration of the event.
Autism Association WA have produced a social story for the 2020 Little Feet Festival.
The City will continue to monitor all relevant directions relating to COVID-19 and follow State government advice in regard to reducing the risk for any potential spread.
A COVID event plan has been developed for the 2020 Little Feet Festival with a range of measures implemented to ensure a safe experience for patrons, staff, facilitators and performers.
- Activity zones have maximum capacities to ensure 1.5m physical distancing can be maintained
- Hand sanitiser is available at each activity and around the event site
- Hand washing facilities are available in existing ECU toilet buildings
- Additional cleaners are onsite to ensure regular cleaning of communal surfaces
- COVID Event Marshals will be patrolling the site to ensure COVID-19 safety measures are maintained.
How you can help:
- Practice physical distancing of 1.5m at all times
- Practice good personal hygiene by washing your hands regularly and using the hand sanitiser provided
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your elbow
- Follow the directions of staff and facilitators
- Observe maximum capacity requirements for activities/communal areas
- Ensure the use of hand sanitiser prior to undertaking each activity
- Use cashless payment options when purchasing food from food vendors.
If you are feeling unwell it is important that you do not come to the Little Feet Festival and stay home. The City appreciates your support towards making the Little Feet Festival COVID safe for everyone to enjoy.
Parking and Public Transport
Accessible parking will be available onsite. ECU car parks closest to the event site are P13, P14, P15 and P19 and can be viewed on the campus map.
All car parks have pathways leading to the event site. Please note a valid ACROD pass must be displayed to access this parking.
The Joondalup Train Station is a 1km walk away. Multiple bus routes to and from the Joondalup Train Station pass the ECU Joondalup campus including the 462, 463, 464 and 465. The Joondalup CAT runs on weekdays only and is not available for Little Feet.
Toilets and Amenities
Accessible event toilets will be available throughout the event site at building 21 and 17 as well as two portable accessible toilets near building 19.
A microwave will be available at the event Information Point for parents who may wish to heat bottles.
Water fountains are on site located near buildings 17, 18 and 21. Please bring along water bottles to reduce plastic waste at the event.
If you have additional accessibility requirements or would like more information, please call 9400 4926.
The 2020 Little Feet Festival is a non-smoking event.