New Libraries catalogue and upgrade
On Tuesday 5 November 2019 all Joondalup Libraries will be upgrading the Library management system which controls all computerised aspects of borrowing, the catalogue and some eResource usage. On Tuesday morning during a short down-time, there are some things you need to know:
- Lending services will not be interrupted, but you’ll need to see staff to issue library items
- If you need help locating a title, subject or author, ask staff for help
- Phone or online renewals and payments cannot be processed until the upgrade is complete
- Digital borrowing of eBooks, audiobooks or magazines will not be possible
- Streaming of Kanopy films will not be available
- Online databases and learning will not be available until upgrade is complete
Brand new browsing
The biggest part of the upgrade is the catalogue. Once the Library is back online visit the new catalogue. You’ll notice some visual changes and some improvements including how to reserve items quickly. For those who prefer to judge a book by its cover (despite advice to the contrary), try the bookshop view for browsing.
New features and functions will be outlined in the new catalogue in the FAQs and Welcome page.
Regular visitors to the catalogue may experience a problem with their web browser not displaying the new site correctly. Press ‘Refresh’ on a mobile device or CTRL + F5 on a PC to force your browser to reload the new catalogue.