Proposed Amendments to Child Care Premises Local Planning Policy
The City is seeking feedback on proposed amendments to the Child Care Premises Local Planning Policy.
What are the proposed amendments to the Child Care Premises Local Planning Policy?
It is proposed to amend the policy to provide additional location and development criteria for the establishment of child care premises, including within a residential area. The proposed amendments include:
- Requiring child care premises in the ‘Residential’ zone to directly adjoin (share a boundary with) a non-residential land use
- Limiting child care premises in the ‘Residential’ zone to accommodate a maximum of 50 children
- Limiting child care premises to a maximum building site coverage of 50% in the ‘Residential’ zone
- Preventing child care premises from being located in, or on the corner of, a cul-de-sac road.
- Requiring two-way vehicle access from a Local Distributor Road.
- Allowing staff to be onsite 30 minutes prior to and after the stipulated hours of operation.
- Updating and strengthening the language in the policy.
All proposed amendments are outlined in the attachments below.
How do I make a submission?
Submissions can be made using the online Planning Consultation Submission Form below (preferred), via an email or via post to P.O. Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919. All submissions must be in writing and include your full name and address.
What happens after I make a submission?
After the close of the advertising period, the proposal and the submissions received will be considered at a future Council meeting. If you choose to make a submission and elect to be kept informed on the progress, you will be notified of the Council meeting date when confirmed.
Council will consider the proposal and the submissions made and make a determination whether to proceed with the amendments to the policy.
Where can I get more information?
The proposed amendments to the Child Care Premises Local Planning Policy can be viewed at the links below.
A report on the proposal was presented to Council on Tuesday 16 November 2021 outlining the proposed amendments and reasons for the amendments. It is available online.
When does the consultation period close?
Submissions will be accepted: Thursday 25 November to Thursday 16 December 2021.