Proposed Scheme Amendment No. 6
The City of Joondalup is seeking feedback on an proposed amendment to the above planning scheme to remove the ability for residential land uses in the ‘Private Community Purposes’ zone.
The scheme amendment proposes to:
- change the land use permissibility of ‘Grouped Dwelling’ and ‘Multiple Dwelling’ from a ‘D’ (discretionary) land use to an ‘X’ (not permitted) land use in the ‘Private Community Purposes’ zone (‘Single House’ is already an ‘X’ land use). This proposal applies to all 41 sites in the ‘Private Community Purposes’ zone with the exception of the following specific sites:
- Lot 19 (2) Barradine Way, Craigie, where it is proposed to rezone the site from ‘Private Community Purposes’ to ‘Residential’ and apply the R40 density code
- The Joondalup Resort land parcels where it is proposed to allow the land uses of ‘Grouped Dwelling’ and ‘Multiple Dwelling’, subject to the preparation and approval of a Local Development Plan. Additional information is provided below (please note that there is no current proposal or application to build grouped or multiple dwellings at the Joondalup Resort).
As part of the assessment process, comments are invited on the proposal.
Information on the proposal can be accessed below.
Submissions can be made using the online Planning Consultation Submission Form below (preferred), via email or via post to P.O. Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919. All submissions must be in writing and include your full name and address.
The proposed scheme amendment will be considered at a future Council meeting. Council’s recommendation will then be forwarded to the Western Australian Planning Commission for determination by the Minister for Planning. If you choose to make a submission and elect to be kept informed on the progress of the application you will be notified of the Council meeting date when confirmed.
For further information, review the Frequently Asked Questions or contact the City’s Planning Services team on 9400 4100.
Submissions accepted: 20 August 2020 to 1 October 2020
- Additional Information for Joondalup Resort and Country Club
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scheme Amendment Report
- Scheme Amendment Map