Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) Community Reference Group
The City of Joondalup is developing its inaugural level Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) as a framework for the City to realise its vision for reconciliation by creating practical actions built on relationships, respect and opportunity.
Reconciliation Australia reports that the RAP framework should help the City of Joondalup contribute meaningfully to reconciliation by:
- Building and encouraging relationships between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, communities, organisations, and the broader Australian community.
- Fostering and embedding respect for the world’s longest surviving cultures and communities.
- Developing opportunities or services to improve socio-economic outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities.
- Mayor Hon. Albert Jacob (Deputy Chair)
Community Member Representatives
- Pauline Boscato
- Jane Burns
- Adam Casley
- Marcus Kaden
- Kathy Kickett
- Anne Marie Mullaney
- Gaelle Gouillou, The Spiers Centre
- Dennis Simmons, Maar Koodjal Aboriginal Corporation
- Sharon Wood-Kenny, Djinda Bridiya Wellbeing Australian Aboriginal Organisation – (Chair)