Safer Internet Day – Together for a better internet
Over the years, Safer Internet Day has become a landmark event in the online safety calendar. The Day has grown and is now celebrated in 130 countries worldwide. From cyberbullying to social networking, this recognised day aims to raise awareness of emerging online issues. The 2019 theme is ‘Together for a Better Internet’.
Be Connected free classes
Joondalup Libraries are authorised Be Connected centres. In February, the City will be offering free classes for seniors on Using Social Media and Staying Safe Online.
4Rs of online safety
- – I treat myself and others the way I like to be treated
- – I am accountable for my actions and I take a stand when I feel something is wrong
- – I question what is real
- – I get back up from tough situations.
If you have online safety concerns, the Office of eSafety Commissioner is committed to helping all Australians have safe, positive experiences online. The Commissioner offers:
- A complaints service for people who experience serious cyberbullying
- Identifying and removing illegal online content
- Tackling image-based abuse.