Disability or accessible parking is available throughout the City of Joondalup. If an easy access bay is not available, disability parking permit holders can park in a standard parking bay and still receive the concessions provided by the City.
Disability parking permits
The following permits are recognised by the City:
- Western Australian disability parking permits, which consist of two separate parts – the Australian Disability Parking Permit and the ACROD Parking Program Card (both parts must be displayed).
- Interstate and overseas permits.
The following conditions apply for a permit to be valid:
- The permit must be current.
- The expiry date and permit number must be clearly visible from outside the front of the vehicle.
- The permit holder is present in the vehicle at the time of parking.
- Parking tickets must be purchased in paid parking areas.
- Concession provides twice the time purchased (for instance one hour parking restriction allows two hours of parking).
Time restricted areas
Areas with a parking restriction of:
- less than 30 minutes – Concession provides a maximum parking time of 30 minutes
- between 30 and 60 minutes – Concession provides a maximum parking time of two hours
- over one hour – Concession provides a maximum time that is double the amount of time shown on the sign.