Too busy? – manage your free time
Booklovers, don’t you hate when the book or audiobook you’ve been waiting for becomes available when you’re not ready for it?
Problem solved! You can now choose to re-deliver your Overdrive Libby holds and enjoy them when it’s most convenient for you.
How does hold re-delivery work?
- When a hold becomes available, a user will receive a notification and have 3 days to pick up the hold
- The user can then borrow the hold, have it delivered later, or cancel it
- When a user chooses to have a hold delivered later, they pick the earliest possible date to receive the title, keep their place in line, and pass the copy to the next person in line
- After the “deliver later” date, the user will receive the next available copy
- If a user takes no action during the hold pickup window, the “deliver after seven days” option will be automatically applied as a one-time courtesy
- If the user takes no action a second time, their hold will be cancelled
Watch the short video explaining the changes.