Bulk hard waste collection service
The on-request Bulk Hard Waste Collection service assists residents in disposing of or recycling their unwanted/broken larger household items. The same items that were picked up from the verge can go into the skip, only now they are recycled.
The Bulk Hard Waste Collection includes the following three services, per household, per financial year including:
- One collection of up to four white goods
- One collection of up to six mattresses
- One three cubic metre skip bin, or one lounge suite collection.
The City provides one skip bin per household, per financial year within the yearly refuse charge. Residents who wish to have additional services can book one additional skip bin for a reduced rate via the City’s website. If you pay for more than one waste charge at your property then you are entitled to more than one suite of bulk hard waste services.
Quotas cannot be accumulated for use in the following years. New allowances commence in line with the new financial year (1 July).
To book your services use the online form below or call Cleanaway on 9449 3363.
In peak booking times such as school holidays, end of financial year and Easter, wait times for skip bins may be up to 10 working days for weekday skips and 15 working days for weekend skips, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
The bulk service quotas cannot be accumulated for use in the following year. To ensure you receive your bulk hard waste allocation in the 2021/22 financial year bookings must be made by Wednesday 30 June 2022 and used by Friday 29 July 2022. Services booked after Wednesday 30 June 2022 will come out of the 2022/23 bulk hard waste allowances.
The on-request service allows residents to book skip bins for a time when friends, family and neighbours are able to assist, if required. However, the City understands that there may be exceptional circumstances where residents have a genuine need for additional assistance. If this situation occurs you are encouraged to speak with the City’s Waste team to discuss other options available.
All mattress and white goods must be out on the verge by 7.00am for collection. The collection day coincides with rubbish days.
Please note: Due to logistical reasons skips may contain waste when delivered to your property (may be full upon arrival). Please be assured that the waste will be emptied on the same day as delivery.
Skip bin delivery
Residents can choose either a 2 day skip – weekday skip, 4 day skip – a weekend skip, or a 6 day skip – week long skip.
- Weekday skips will remain on site for two nights and one day. Tuesday deliveries will be collected Thursday and Wednesday deliveries will be collected Friday.
- Weekend skips remain on site for five nights and four days; Thursday deliveries will be collected Tuesday; Friday deliveries will be collected Wednesday.
- Week long skips will be delivered on Monday and collected the following Monday.
The City cannot give an indication of delivery and collection times due to operational reasons. The skip may be delivered anytime up until 4.30pm and may be collected anytime from 7.00am.
Collections and deliveries will continue irrespective of inclement weather.
Please note: Due to logistical reasons bulk bins may contain rubbish when delivered to your property (may be full upon arrival). Please be assured that the rubbish will be emptied on the same day as delivery (up to 4.30pm).
The same items that were able to be put out on the verge for the bulk hard waste collection can now be put into the skip bin, except for white goods and mattresses, as there are separate collections for these items. Bulk hard waste skip bin items include:
- Household furniture – cupboards, draws, cabinets, tables, chairs etc
- Bed frames/headboards
- Floor coverings (carpets/underlay)
- Oversized cardboard packaging
- Wheel barrows (tyres removed)
- Old bicycles, exercise equipment etc.
- Garden Pots
- Broken toys (batteries removed).
For health and safety reasons waste must not be filled above the top rail.
Tips for successful use of skips
- Have your waste ready (within your property line) to go into the skip for quick and easy disposal.
- Book the skip for when your friends and family can help
- Check out the different skip type 2,4, or 6 days, then book one that suits your length of time needs.
- If you have a skip and lounge suite to dispose of, consider using the lounge removal as your bulk skip allocation then purchase a skip for your loose bulk waste under City’s special negotiated rate dollar.
- Book your bulk waste collection in advance so you don’t miss out on the dates you want.