Booking a bulk hard waste service
Book the on-request Bulk Hard Waste Service to dispose of unwanted/broken larger household items.
Residents are entitled to the following three services, per refuse charge, per financial year (1 July-30 June)
- One collection of up to four white goods (fridges, washers, ovens etc.)
- One collection of up to six mattresses
- One three cubic metre skip bin for bulky household waste, or one lounge suite collection.
Quotas cannot be accumulated for use in the following years. New allowances commence in line with the new financial year (1 July). Services booked after 30 June will come out of the following years bulk hard waste allowances.
The on-request service allows residents to book skip bins for a time when friends, family and neighbours are able to assist. However, the City understands that there may be exceptional circumstances where residents have a genuine need for additional assistance to get items from the verge into the skip bin. If this situation occurs you are encouraged to speak with the City’s Waste team to discuss the options available.
To book a skip bin, mattress or white goods collection use the online form below or call Cleanaway on 9449 3363.
In peak booking times such as school holidays, end of financial year and Easter, wait times for skip bins may be increased so please book early to avoid disappointment.
If you don’t have a grassed verge for the skip bin then please contact Cleanaway to discuss the skip bin delivery location. The collection contractor will visit your address and decide the best option for the service to be undertaken. You may need to sign a consent form to agree to place the skip in a suitable location.
Skip bin delivery
Please note: Due to logistical reasons skips may be full upon arrival. Please be assured that the waste will be emptied on the same day as delivery (up to 4.30pm).
Collections and deliveries will continue irrespective of inclement weather.
Please see below for delivery and collection schedules. Collections that fall on a public holidays will be collected the next business day.
|Delivery Day||Collection Day||Full days onsite|
|Delivered anytime before 4.30pm||Collected anytime from 7.00am||Choose which skip suits|
Top dimensions – 1.80 metre x 1.55 metre
Bottom dimensions – 1.50 metre x 1.35 metre
Height – 1.25 metre
Filling your Bulk Hard Waste skip bin
Do not fill above the top rail. Over full items must be removed prior to collection.
Only place correct items in the skip. Incorrect items must be removed prior to collection.
- Household furniture – cupboards, draws, cabinets, tables, chairs etc
- Bed frames/headboards
- Floor coverings (carpets/underlay)
- Oversized cardboard packaging
- Wheel barrows (tyres removed)
- Old bicycles, exercise equipment etc.
- Garden Pots
- Broken toys (batteries removed).
Items not accepted:
- Construction, demolition, renovation waste
- Sand, bricks, building rubble
- Household hazardous waste
- White goods
- Automobile waste
- Green waste
- Fencing (including asbestos)
Check Tamala Park and the Recycling Centre Balcatta for disposal and recycling of other items.
Mattress and White goods collection details
Once a collection is booked, all mattress and white goods must be on the verge by 7.00am on collection day.
Tips for successful use of skips
- Have your waste ready (within your property line) to go into the skip for quick and easy disposal.
- Book the skip early so you don’t miss out on the dates you want and or for when your friends and family can help.
- Make your allocation go further, consider using the lounge collection as your bulk allocation, then purchase a bulk hard waste skip for the City’s special rate.
Already used your service
Residents who have used any of their services can book an additional skip bin, white good and mattress collections for a reduced City rate. If you pay for more than one waste charge at your property then you are entitled to more than one suite of bulk hard waste services.