- Maintain and repair items rather than disposing of them
- Grow your own fruit, vegetables, herbs and nuts at home
- Purchase quality products that have no or minimal packaging
- Bring your own reusable shopping bags to the shops.
- Consider hosting a garage sale
- Find creative ways to repurpose waste for practical purposes, art projects or gifts
- Turn organic waste into compost or start a worm farm
- Consider purchasing eco-friendly products made from recycled materials
- Opt for reusable rather than disposable products, such as coffee cups, where possible.
- Recycle all paper, cardboard, milk and juice cartons, glass bottles and jars, aluminium and steel cans, plastic bottles and containers in your yellow lid bin
- Recycle food scraps and garden waste in your green lid bin
- Local schools can participate in a recycling education program funded by the City of Joondalup.
For further information about reducing waste, attend a free Earth Carers course run by the Mindarie Regional Council.