Dog restriction areas
There are some areas in the City where dogs are prohibited and others where dogs must be on a leash at all times.
This is to assist with the safety and well-being of native animals and birds in and around these areas or in concentrated sporting venues.
Areas where dogs are not permitted
- Percy Doyle Reserve, Duncraig
- Heathridge Park, Heathridge
- Mawson Park, Hillarys
- Whitford Nodes, Hillarys
- Blue Lake Park, Joondalup
- Central Park, Joondalup
- Neil Hawkins Park, Joondalup
- Foreshore, Burns Beach to Marmion (apart from Hillarys Dog Beach and the Coastal dual use path)
- Tom Simpson Park, Mullaloo
- Macdonald Park, Padbury
- Craigie Open Space.
Areas where dogs must be on a leash at all times
- Warwick Open Space
- Lilburne Park Conservation Area
- Hepburn Conservation Area
- Shepherds Bush Park
- Coastal dual path from Burns Beach to Marmion
- Dog Beach access path
- Windermere Park.