COVID-19 – Modified Library Services and Times – Frequently Asked Questions
The City continues to evaluate how it can best respond to COVID-19 restrictions proposed by State Government. The City’s highest priority remains the health and well-being of the community and visitors to the City. Library services have been modified to ensure the City meets the community’s hygiene and safety expectations.
From Sunday 2 May to Saturday 8 May 2021
Following advice from the State Government on Saturday 1 May and to enable library patrons to re-engage with their City of Joondalup Library, the following will be in place until 12.01am Saturday 8 May, in-line with State Government Directions.
- Duncraig, Whitford and Woodvale libraries will be open.
- Note: Joondalup Library is closed for refurbishment until Monday 24 May.
- The 20 person limit per venue has been removed.
- The 30 minute limit has been removed.
- Masks must must be worn inside the library.
- Registration via the SafeWa app or manual contact tracing registers is mandatory for all.
- Public internet terminal time limits will return to normal.
- Library after hour chutes are open 24/7 to enable library customers to return their items contact free.
- Books on Wheels service will continue
Events and Programs:
- Library events will return from Monday 3 May in-line with the restrictions above.
- The Online Library is available 24/7 with your library card.
- Story time and other event sessions are available on the library youtube platform.
- If you require digital assistance, the Digital Help line 9400 4183 will be in service.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. Please remember, that if you are unwell, stay at home or see your medical professional. Always practice safe hygiene by washing your hands and disinfecting when necessary. Be Safe and be kind.
What online resources are available?
With your City of Joondalup Library membership you have access to a number of digital offerings. This includes access to audiobooks, eBooks, online magazines, video streaming and a wide range of other free online learning and entertainment options. Visit the library catalogue for a full list of digital options.
How do I stay up to date with the latest information?
Other helpful health resources: