COVID-19 – Modified Library Services and Times – Frequently Asked Questions
Following advice from the State Government on Friday 2 July and to enable library patrons to re-engage with their City of Joondalup Library – Duncraig, Joondalup, Whitford and Woodvale Libraries will reopen at 9.30am on Saturday 3 July in line with regular opening hours and phased restrictions will be in place:
Saturday 3 July – Monday 5 July:
- Masks must be worn inside the library
- Registration via the SafeWA app or manual contact tracing registers is mandatory for all
- 20 person limit which will be monitored by library staff
- If demand is high, a one hour limit may be imposed
- No events will be held
- Library after hour chutes will be open 24/7 to enable library customers to return their items contact free
- All library loans have been extended to Friday 9 July
- Books on Wheels service will resume on Monday 5 July
- All library services are available
- Public internet terminals and printing/photocopying services will be operating.
Tuesday 6 July – Sunday 11 July (unless otherwise advised):
- All of the above except the limit per library is 150 people
- Library events, including school holiday activities, will commence.
It is anticipated that a return to Stage Four restrictions will come into play on Monday 12 July.
Thank you for your patience and support during these times. If you have any questions, call 9400 4751 or see a staff member on your next visit.
Please remember, that if you are unwell, stay at home, see your medical professional and follow State Government advice regarding COVID-19 testing. Always practice safe hygiene by washing your hands and disinfecting when necessary.
How do I stay up to date with the latest information?
To stay up to date with the latest information, follow Joondalup Libraries on Facebook or Instagram or subscribe to the Libraries eNewsletter. Special editions of the newsletter will be published as circumstances change.
- The Online Library is available 24/7 with your library card.
- Story time and other event sessions are available on the library YouTube platform.
- If you require digital assistance, the Digital Help line 9400 4183 will be in service.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. Please remember, that if you are unwell, stay at home or see your medical professional. Always practice safe hygiene by washing your hands and disinfecting when necessary. Be Safe and be kind.
What online resources are available?
With your City of Joondalup Library membership you have access to a number of digital offerings. This includes access to audiobooks, eBooks, online magazines, video streaming and a wide range of other free online learning and entertainment options. Visit the library catalogue for a full list of digital options.
Other helpful health resources: