Music in the park
Music in the Park will return to local parks within the City of Joondalup in 2019.
On a warm summer evening, local parks in the City of Joondalup will come to life with the sound of families and friends enjoying live music, free children’s activities and delicious food from hand-picked food trucks. As the sun begins to set the stage will come alive with music spanning diverse genres, performed by talented musicians.
The Music in the Park concert dates and park location are as follows:
Saturday 12 January 2019, Falkland Park, Kinross
Artists: Cheap Fakes | The Isolites
Brisbane based Cheap Fakes are a seven-piece band whose sound is not confined by one genre. Performing a blend of soul-soaked, brass-fuelled pop, funk and ska the band has captivated audiences Australia wide and will fill the dance floor with their catchy melodies.
The Isolites will bring the 60’s sounds of Jamaica and the Caribbean to Music in the Park with both a horn and a swinging rhythm section. Recreating the early pre-reggae sounds of ska, rocksteady and calypso, the energetic Isolites never miss a beat.
Saturday 2 March 2019, Mawson Park, Hillarys
Artists to be announced mid-January
- BYO picnic and children’s activities from 5.00pm.
- Concert commences 6.00pm, concluding at 8.30pm.
- Smoke Free Event.
- Patrons are welcome to bring a picnic or purchase food at the event. NO spikes are permitted.
- Children’s identification wristbands will be available from the information tent. It is recommended parents and guardians collect a wristband for all children in attendance, in the event a parent or guardian needs to be contacted.
- Patrons are encouraged to utilise the dedicated event parking at the concert. Any patrons that choose to park on verges must ensure residents driveways, footpaths or verges remain clear to avoid infringements by the City Rangers.
- In the unlikely event of inclement weather, details of postponement or cancellation will be communicated via the City’s website and Facebook page.