About City libraries
The City of Joondalup Libraries are one of the largest and busiest public library services in Western Australia with a range of items available to borrow, events to attend and facilities to enjoy. The City has four libraries – Duncraig, Joondalup, Whitford and Woodvale – including a specialist reference and local history collection within the Joondalup Library.
The City’s libraries have opportunities for all ages and lifestyles and offer the following:
- Free membership
- Over 385,000 items to choose from
- A mobile friendly catalogue to explore and manage your membership
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Popular magazines and journals
- Music CDs and audiobooks
- DVDs of films, TV series and documentaries
- Free computer access, internet and WiFi
- Hundreds of events and clubs to meet all interests
- An extensive collection of databases, online learning and eBooks available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The library spaces are available to all residents, tourists, families and businesses to enjoy without membership. Please note that the City’s libraries charge for some programs, meeting spaces and overdue fines.
Publications and merchandise
While the City’s libraries offer a predominantly free service, merchandise items and printing/copying services have a small charge.
Follow Joondalup Libraries on social media.