About City libraries
The City has evaluated how it can best respond to relaxed COVID-19 restrictions proposed by State Government. The City’s highest priority remains the health and well-being of the community and visitors to the City.
City of Joondalup Libraries form part of the largest and busiest public library services in Western Australia with a range of items available to borrow, events to attend and facilities to enjoy. The City has four libraries – Duncraig, Joondalup, Whitford and Woodvale – including a specialist reference and local history collection at the Joondalup Library.
The City’s libraries have opportunities for all ages and lifestyles, and offer the following:
- Free membership
- Over 385,000 items to choose from
- A mobile friendly catalogue to explore and manage your membership
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Popular magazines and journals
- Music CDs and audiobooks
- DVDs of films, TV series and documentaries
- Free computer access, internet and WiFi
- Hundreds of events and clubs to meet all interests
- An extensive collection of databases, online learning and eBooks available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Joining the City’s libraries is free. Your membership will give you free access to all manner of items and digital content. The library spaces are available to all residents, tourists and visitors, families and businesses to enjoy without membership. Please note that the City’s libraries charge for some programs, meeting spaces and overdue fines.
Publications and merchandise
While the City’s libraries offer a predominantly free service, merchandise items, printing / copying services and some events have a small charge.