Noise – make a noise complaint

Where noise is causing a problem, the best approach is often to speak with your neighbour and discuss your concerns. Your neighbour may not realise that there is a problem and the matter may be easy to resolve.

If noise from a neighbour is regularly an issue for you and you believe that the requirements for noise are not being met, you can ask the City to investigate the matter for you, by lodging a noise complaint with the City.

When lodging a noise complaint, you will be advised which Environmental Health Officer will be investigating your concerns and you may be asked to maintain a log identifying dates and times of the noise occurrences.

Please note: To get assistance for noise from parties, music or antisocial behaviour as they are occurring, the Police should be contacted on 131 444. The Police obviously need to prioritise their responses and you request for assistance may not be immediately forthcoming.