Recycling (yellow lid) bin
What you can put into your yellow lid recycling bin
- Plastics – bottles and containers, plastic plant pots, rigid plastic containers, plastic toys
- Paper and cardboards – magazines, milk and juice cartons, egg cartons, cereal boxes
- Aluminium and steel– food, drink, pet food cans, metal pots and pans
- Glass – (including broken glass) – food and drink bottles and jars.
What you cannot put in your yellow lid recycling bin
- Plastic bags and soft plastics
- Paint and paint tins, chemicals, batteries, asbestos
- Electronic waste
- Organic waste – garden clippings, food waste
- Clothing and textiles
- Medical waste and syringes.
- Shredded paper
- Bottle tops/lids
- UHT containers.
- Keep recyclables loose and not in bags
- Flatten cardboard boxes and squash plastic bottles and cans
- Remove lids from all bottles, jars, containers – place lids in red lid bin
- Rinse items.
Car battery and engine oil recycling
On your recycling day you can place 1 x car battery and/or 1 x 5L container of engine oil (in the original container) beside your yellow lid recycling bin for collection. Please place the item at the side of the bin so it is visible for the driver.
Search the waste disposal guide for more information on where to dispose of any waste item and to see what items go into which bin.
Further information regarding recycling and recycle collections is available in the Waste Guide 2018/19.