Recycling bin (yellow lid)
What you can put into your yellow lid recycling bin?
- Clean rigid plastics – bottles and containers, rigid plastic containers.
- Clean paper and cardboards – milk and juice cartons, magazines, newspaper, egg cartons, cereal boxes.
- Clean aluminium and steel- food, drink and pet food cans.
- Clean glass – (including broken glass) – food and drink bottles and jars
What you cannot put in your yellow lid recycling bin
- Nappies and animal waste
- Plastic bags and soft plastics
- Organic waste – garden clippings, food waste
- Electronic waste
- Medical waste and syringes
- Clothing and textiles
- Ceramics – plates, mugs etc.
- Hazardous waste (paint and paint tins, chemicals, asbestos)
- Shredded paper
- Bottle tops/lids
- UHT containers (long life)
- Keep recyclables loose and not in bags
- Flatten cardboard boxes and squash plastic bottles and cans
- Remove lids from all bottles, jars, containers – place lids in red lid general waste bin
- Rinse items
Missed or half emptied bins
If your recycling bin was missed/not emptied on your collection day please phone SUEZ on 9350 7196.
Car battery and engine oil recycling
On your recycling day you can place one car battery and/or one 5L container of engine oil (in the original container) beside your yellow lid recycling bin for collection. Please place the item at the side of the bin.
Please Note: there is an interim change in the collection service as this is now completed by a separate provider to the bin collection truck.
*If your battery or oil is not collected by 5.00pm on the recycling bin day please call 9400 4255.