Strategic Community Reference Group
Established in 2012, the City’s Strategic Community Reference Group provides advice to the Council on matters of significant community interest and strategic initiatives, as determined by Council.
The group consists of community representatives and Elected Members and meets up to three times a year. Subject matter experts are also invited to provide expert advice on specific topics.
Recent topics of discussion have included:
- Opportunities to support local business
- Fostering community leadership within the City
- Community engagement and communication
- Strategic community plan major review
- Volunteer recognition
- Review of the City’s Waste Management Plan
- Review of the City’s Bike Plan
- Review of the City’s Environment Plan
- Review of the City’s Community Development Plan
- Review of the City’s Community Safety and Crime Prevention Plan.
Elected Member Representatives
|North Ward||Ross Hollett
|North Central Ward||Lara Silbert
|Central Ward||Peter Beaton
|South-West Ward||Brian Yearwood
|South-East Ward||Selina Gates
|South Ward||Susan King