Helping you navigate access to online services
Many businesses, organisations and services that are normally accessed in person have changed the way they interact with you, their customer. The City of Joondalup understands some residents will be new to using technology, searching the internet and doing things online like shopping or communicating with family. To assist our residents, the City of Joondalup has established a team of people ready to help with your questions about how to get online.
What is the digital helpline?
City of Joondalup staff can help you with:
Signing up to Libraries
- How to join the Library
- How to Borrow an eBook from Overdrive, BorrowBox or cloudLibrary
- How to Listen to an audiobook from Overdrive, BorrowBox or cloudLibrary
- How to Watch a film
- How to Read a magazine or a newspaper
- How to Access research databases
- How to send a Text Message/SMS on Apple or Android phones
- How to send and receive an email
- How to use WhatsApp
- How to use Messenger
Face to Face Video links
- Getting setup for video calling NOTE: please call 9400 4183 for a booking.
- IGA priority shop
Register with specialist agencies
The City can talk you through the general process and how to set this up with your financial institution.
Are you ready to connect?
- Do you have an internet connection or Wifi?
- Do you have a device, such as mobile phone, iPad, laptop, home computer?