The City’s Local Government and Public Property Local Law 2014 requires vendors selling goods and services in a public place, to hold a Trader’s Permit.
When assessing an application for a Trader’s Permit, consideration is given to parking, public safety, traffic flow, amenity of the location and the consistency of the trading activity with the existing land use.
For trading activities that include the sale of food, the registration of a food business must also be considered.
In addition to a completed application form, the following will be required when submitting an application:
- A detailed description of the trading activity
- A copy of a site plan that clearly shows the trading area, where it is in a fixed location
- Photographs of the stall or vehicle
- A copy of the food business registration and latest inspection report (for food related activities), if registered outside of the City
- Landowner’s permission – for public places that are not on local government property
The fees related to Trader’s Permits can be found within the Health Schedule of Fees and Charges.
Lodging an application
You can lodge an application for a Trader’s Permit:
Or by completing the application form and submitting it –
- In person – Visit the City of Joondalup Administration Centre, 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup.
- By Post – To the City at PO Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919.