Expanding Horizons Economic Development Strategy
Download a PDF version of the Strategy using the above link or view the e-book shown below.
The City of Joondalup Expanding Horizons Economic Development Strategy considers the issues and challenges of achieving significant business and investment growth and increased employment opportunities, in response to complex external drivers.
A major priority is to implement strategies to curtail the current unsustainable level of commuting by workers leaving the City for employment, by better aligning local available jobs with the local resident workforce.
This is a large and complex objective, which is tackled within the Strategy through targeted responses to key areas within the economy. These areas are consistent with the City’s ambitions of establishing itself as the first Primary Centre within the Perth Metropolitan Area. They include:
- Business growth and investment
- Creativity and innovation
- Employment and skills development
- City and regional infrastructure.
To support these strategies, three specialist themes have also been identified as a high priority for the City and these are integrated throughout the Strategy:
- Global City – to position and focus the City’s economic activity in an international context
- Digital City – to support the application of new technologies and innovation to enhance business growth
- Destination City – to recognise the value and opportunity of the visitor economy and tourism.