Children’s Book Week
Children’s Book Week is the annual celebration of children’s books and reading. Established in 1946, it is the longest running national literacy initiative in the country.
Each year, students and libraries from all over Australia spend a week celebrating Australian books, authors and illustrators. Events hosted by the Libraries give children the opportunity to meet with their favourite authors and illustrators.
In 2021, Children’s Book Week will be held in August across Australia. City of Joondalup Libraries will host Children’s Book Week events over a two week period from Saturday 14 August – Friday 27 August 2021. The theme for 2021 is: Old Worlds, New Worlds, Other Worlds. Join in the fun at your library.
- Each year City of Joondalup Libraries host an event for the public to celebrate Children’s Book Week
- This event is designed to expand literacy knowledge and entertain
- In 2021 Whitford Library will host an event in conjunction with Pyjama Drama.
- Sessions are made available to local school students
- The City of Joondalup Libraries host 12 presenters including authors, illustrators and storytellers to entertain and educate
- Students will develop their literacy knowledge and be inspired to read and write
- The program is available for information about each session
- Bookings open on Wednesday 21 April 2021.
- Home-schooling students are encouraged to attend any of the City’s Children’s Book Week sessions
- Contact City of Joondalup Libraries to book.
Find out more information about Children’s Book Week from the Children’s Book Council of Australia. The Children’s Book of the Year Award Winners 2021 will be announced on Friday 20 August 2021. Watch the announcements of the shortlisted nominees online.
Children’s Book Week is proudly sponsored by: Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and Lotterywest, Healthway, Go for two and five, and Children’s Book Council of Australia, WA Branch.
2020 Photos from Children’s Book Week