Children’s Book Week
Children’s Book Week is the annual celebration of children’s books and reading. Established in 1946, it is the longest running national literacy initiative in the country.
Each year, students and libraries from all over Australia spend a week celebrating Australian books, authors and illustrators. Events hosted by the Libraries give children the opportunity to meet with their favourite authors and illustrators.
In 2020, Children’s Book Week will be held in October across Australia. Joondalup Libraries will hold Children’s Book Week events over a two week period from Saturday 16 October to Friday 30 October 2020. The theme for 2020 is: Curious Creatures, Wild Minds. Join in the fun at your library.
- Each year City of Joondalup Libraries host an event for the public to celebrate Children’s Book Week
- This event is designed to expand literacy knowledge and entertain
- In 2020 Woodvale Library will host an event in conjunction with Music Book. Bookings essential.
- Sessions are made available to local school students
- The City of Joondalup Libraries host 12 presenters including authors, illustrators and storytellers to entertain and educate
- Students will develop their literacy knowledge and be inspired to read and write
- Home-schooling students are encouraged to attend any of the City’s Children’s Book Week sessions
- Contact City of Joondalup Libraries to book.
Find out more information about Children’s Book Week from the Children’s Book Council of Australia. The Children’s Book of the Year Award Winners 2020 are now online. Watch the announcements of the awards online.
Children’s Book Week is proudly sponsored by: Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and Lotterywest, Healthway, Go for two and five, and Children’s Book Council of Australia, WA Branch.