Code of conduct
The Code of Conduct is to be observed by employees, Elected Members and Committee Members. The Code sets out principles and standards of behaviour Elected Members, Committee Members and employees must observe when performing their duties and details explanatory matters around key areas of:
- Values, principles and behaviour
- Professional conduct
- Communication and official information
- Use of City resources and information
- Conflicts of interests and gifts and benefits
- Reporting breaches of the Code
- Other statutory reporting mechanisms.
The Code must be read in conjunction with the Local Government Act 1995, the Local Government (Rules of Conduct) Regulations 2007 and other legislation that affect Elected Members, Committee Members and employees while performing their role and duties and the Code does not override or affect those provisions or requirements.