Traffic management for roads and events
Any party undertaking work within the City’s road reserve or responsible for organising an event that involves a change to the existing traffic environment should prepare a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) and submit it to the City in advance of the work/event to allow for adequate time to undertake an assessment and authorisation.
The minimum TMP assessment leads times are as follows:
- Basic TMP Template – 10 business days
- Non-Complex/Complex Template – 20 business days
- Event TMP – 30 business days.
The following prescribed fees are to be paid at the time of lodgement:
- Basic TMP Template – $125.00
- Non-Complex/Complex – $175.00
- Event TMP – $300.00
- Community Event (not for profit) – No charge.
All submissions must contain the following:
- A TMP designed by a person holding a current Advanced Worksite Traffic Management (AWTM) accreditation from Main Roads WA and reviewed by a secondary person also holding a current AWTM accreditation
- Any TMP involving complex traffic arrangements shall be reviewed and endorsed by a person holding a current Roadworks Traffic Manager (RTM) accreditation from Main Roads WA
The application is to be lodged online.