Local Government Elections – call for nominations
An ordinary postal election will be held on Saturday, 19 October 2019 in the City of Joondalup to fill the following vacancies:
|Central Ward||1||Councillor||4 year term|
|North Ward||1||Councillor||4 year term|
|North-Central Ward||1||Councillor||4 year term|
|South Ward||1||Councillor||4 year term|
|South-East Ward||1||Councillor||4 year term|
|South-West Ward||1||Councillor||4 year term|
Nominations Open on Thursday, 5 September 2019.
Nominations Close at 4:00pm Thursday, 12 September 2019.
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer:
- at any time during the above period by arrangement; or
- between 2.00pm and 4.00pm Thursday, 12 September 2019 (close of nominations) at the City of Joondalup building.
Appointments can be made now by contacting the Returning Officer Ms Michaela Miller on 0413 305 334 or email
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed. (This form is available from the Returning Officer, the Western Australian Electoral Commission or the City of Joondalup)
- a single A4 page profile containing not more than 150 words of information about the candidate
- a nomination deposit of $80 (cash, bank cheque or postal order)
- a recent passport-sized photograph (optional)
- every candidate must complete the online candidate induction module via this website.
The Western Australian Electoral Commission has developed an online system called Nomination Builder to assist candidates to complete their nomination form which includes the candidate profile. This is the preferred method of completing the nomination form and profile for elections conducted by the Commission. Candidates complete their nomination details and profile, print the completed form which has a reference number allocated and lodge it with the Returning Officer. The nomination builder can be accessed at this website.
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate. The documents may be hand delivered, posted or faxed to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates can be obtained by contacting the Returning Officer on 0413 305 334 or the Western Australian Electoral Commission on 13 63 06.