Road resurfacing and road maintenance
The City has an annual program of works to resurface roads, being the Road Preservation and Rehabilitation (RPR) Program.
With over 1,000km of roads within the City and one-third of the budget being supported by external grant funding, a prioritisation process is required for the scheduling of works. This includes
- Technical assessments (including external audits and annual inspections)
- Alignment with other planned projects
- External grant funding criteria
This process informs the priority works for the City’s RPR Program, which is contained within the 5 Year Capital Works Program. Road resurfacing projects include the replacement of kerbing, upgrade of drainage and pathway connections and any associated peripheral verge works that are required.
To view projects listed in the current financial year, please refer to the online Capital Works Mapping system.
If resurfacing works are not required in the short term, the City will continue to monitor the road surface to ensure the surface remains in a safe and useable condition prior to any future renewal works.
Any maintenance issues on City roads can be reported to the City’s Operations Services on 1300 369 972, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the online form reporting damage in the City.
- Mitchell Freeway, including the on and off ramps
- All assets within bridges over the Mitchell Freeway, including signalised intersections
- The full length of Wanneroo Road
- The full length of Marmion Avenue
- Ocean Reef Road from Marmion Avenue to the City’s eastern boundary (Yellagonga area).
For bridges over the rail line but not the freeway, all surface assets (roads, paths, etc.) are the City’s responsibility.
Maintenance of the westbound lanes and the median of Beach Road is the responsibility of the City of Stirling and can be reported through their website or via (08) 9205 8555.