The City has an annual program of works to resurface and preserve road infrastructure.
With over 1,000km of roads within the City and two-thirds of the budget being supported by external grant funding, a prioritisation process is required for the scheduling of works. This includes
- Technical assessments (including external audits and annual inspections)
- Alignment with other planned projects
- External grant funding criteria
This process informs the priority works for the City’s Road Preservation and Resurfacing Program, which is contained within the 5 Year Capital Works Program.
To view works listed in the current financial year, please refer to the online Capital Works Mapping system.
If resurfacing works are not required in the short term, the City will continue to monitor the road surface to ensure the surface remains in a safe and useable condition prior to any future renewal works.
The following roads are managed by Main Roads WA. Please report faults on 131 818.
- Mitchell Freeway, including the on and off ramps
- Bridges over Mitchell Freeway
- Bridges over the rail line
- Wanneroo Road
- Marmion Avenue, south of Ocean Reef Road
Maintenance of the westbound lanes of Beach Road is the responsibility of the City of Stirling.