Community funding (arts and culture)
The City’s community funding program aims to assist community groups, schools and individuals conduct projects, events and activities that develop and enhance the Joondalup community.
The Culture and Arts Development Fund priorities are to support events, projects or programs that:
- Encourage new partnerships and collaborations with other cultural and arts groups or individuals
- Provide access to arts and cultural activity within the City to groups not previously engaged
- Demonstrate sustainable and/or long-term artistic and cultural benefit for the City
- Support community involvement in the City’s existing cultural program.
A total pool of $25,000.00 is divided across two funding rounds (March and October) in a financial year. The key objectives of the fund are:
- To increase the number and variety of arts and cultural activities available within the City
- To positively contribute to the well-being of the artistic and cultural nature of the community
- To support the development of arts and cultural groups within the City
- To enhance the cultural fabric of the City.
Funding rounds closing dates are:
- October – November 2018 – Round One
- March – April 2019 – Round Two.
Round One of the 2018/2019 Community Funding Program opens 9.00am Monday 22 October and closes 5.00pm Friday 23 November. Applications can be made online.
Each year specific strategic objectives for the coming twelve months are adopted into each category of funding. Please review the information pack to see the suitability of your group applying for a grant. It is a condition of funding that all applications are discussed with the appropriate Fund Administrator prior to being submitted. Applications that are not discussed prior to submission with the appropriate Fund Administrator will be excluded from assessment.