Noise – make a noise complaint

Where noise is causing a problem, the best approach is often to speak with your neighbour and discuss your concerns. Your neighbour may not realise that there is a problem and the matter may be easy to resolve.

If noise is disturbing you and you believe that the requirements for noise are not being met, you can ask the City to investigate the matter for you, by lodging a noise complaint with the City.

When lodging a noise complaint, you will be advised which Environmental Health Officer will be investigating your concerns and you may be asked to maintain a log identifying dates and times of the noise occurrences.

Please note that City Rangers can be the first point of contact for after-hours noise issues. Should your query be seeking immediate assistance for an after-hours noise issue, phone City Rangers on 1300 655 860.