Cat breeders or those who are planning to become breeders must apply for a cat breeding permit from the City.
To apply for a cat breeding permit:
• An application must be submitted to the City using the apply to breed cats online form.
• Payment of the non refundable fee must accompany the application form.
If approved, a Cat Breeder Certificate is issued and is valid for 12 months from date of approval. Annual renewal and inspections are required.
- The penalty for an unapproved breeder is between $200.00 and $5,000
- Fees to keep breeding cats are $100.00 per cat per year
- Conditions apply to cat breeding permits and a non-refundable fee is payable upon lodgement of an application
- Approved Cat Breeding Permit is valid for 12 months
- Annual renewal and inspections will be conducted.