Copies of house or building plans
Most of the City’s building plans are held in micro-fiche format. Where available, the City can provide land owners with copies of site plan, floor plan and elevations.
Requesting a copy of plans
The City will accept requests from:
- The person shown on the City’s records as being the owner
- A person who is authorised in writing by the owner
For security reasons the City may require proof of identity. Please download and complete the application at the bottom of this page.
A request may be submitted:
Visit the City of Joondalup Administration Centre, 90 Boas Avenue, Joondalup.
Email completed application form.
Post the application to the City at PO Box 21, Joondalup WA 6919.
The request will be processed and posted or emailed back.
Please note all requests can take up to 10 working days to process.
Conditions when requesting copies of building plans
- If you are not the owner of the above mentioned property, please be advised that the owners’ authorisation (signature) is required for the release of the plans
- Plans prior to 1970 may not be available
- Every effort will be made to obtain and print copies of plans, however if the plans are not available or the copies are not clear, the cost of the request for copies of building plans will not be refunded
- If the building forms a part of a strata, duplex or any non-green title lot etc, consent from the strata corporate body or individual owners is required
- This process can take up to 10 working days
- The City will provide the plans to the best of its ability, however it cannot guarantee the quality of the print as the original plans may be subject to fair wear and tear, blurred print etc
- Incomplete application forms will be returned
- Full payment is required upon request for copies of building plans. Fees are in accordance with the Building Services: Fees and Charge.