City Officers will make contact to follow up every reported dog attack.
Dog attacks can take many forms including:
- Aggressively rushing at or harassing any person or animal
- Biting or causing physical injury to a person or animal
- Tearing clothing on or causing damage to the property of any person attacked
- Attempting to attack or behaving in a manner that would cause fear of physical injury.
Upon receipt of a dog attack report, a City Officer will:
- Investigate the dog attack report
- Take the appropriate action based on that investigation.